Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nice Weekend!

Yesterday I went with Rob and a group from church to Adventureland near Des Moines. We have a nice church bus which we went on so I didn't have to figure out where Adventureland was! It was a hot day but the park has trees and there was a breeze. Rob loved all the roller coasters especially and Space Shot. I've decided I'm getting too old for roller coasters and spinning things like Silly Silo! Seems like they jerk your neck a lot more than they used to! Another kid from our area was by himself so we asked if he wanted to hang with us. We all decided this Sky Ride would be a nice, calm ride to do after Silly Silo! It was nice - and calm.

We got back to the church and my Pilot had a totally flat tire. Several from church stayed with me until Bill got there including 2 guys that lived across the road who came over on their 4 wheeler to air up the tire so I could make it home. But it "spewed" air when they filled it up so Bill had to put the spare on.

His project today was borrowing this seeder to plant perennial rye grass for our yard! (farmers have toys for everything!) It'll look nice this summer, then he'll kill it all with Roundup this Fall and plant the real stuff. By then he'll have the old house torn down and we'll know where the yard needs to be!

We went to Pocahontas for lunch today. Poky had their Heritage Days celebration all weekend and today there were several churches doing various things. Our church did the lunch which was a fundraiser for the youth group, Ignite (grilled pork loin sandwiches, chips, a bar and drink). Then our group of Puppeteers performed. They are really good and have won several awards at competitions. It was a nice day today but with wind gusts so they needed some people to hold the poles that hold the black curtains that they are behind. So Bill and I were volunteers for that. Bill got the place I wanted though - he could see the kids working behind the curtain! I've always wanted to watch that! I could see a little from where I was - very fun!

I'm on my way now to pick up our weekend pizza.

No comments: