Monday, June 29, 2009

No Pizza Delivery

Last night as I was going to pick up our pizza, I realized that for many of the readers, our rural Iowa pizza situation would be something I could blog about! There is no delivery here! I know some can't imagine that! We can order pizza from our Pronto gas station/convenience store that's only a little over a mile away but it's just ok on a good night. The kitchen closes at 7:00 too. Or, we can order it from one of two Casey's gas station/convenience stores - and we like theirs better. Either one of those is about a 16 mile round trip! That's ok with me though. In Carmel, by the time they found my house the pizza was cold so I usually picked it up anyway. I won't go too much into how Bill likes the Meat Lovers and I like more of a pepperoni, green pepper & onions pizza. Sometimes we get half & half but Bill thinks his half is always contaminated a little with my stuff.

I hadn't taken a good picture of our house since it's been finished because the old house is kind of in the way and the tree in the middle is going to come down when the old house does, but some wanted to see it. I hope to plant a couple of redbuds and other dwarf type trees that bloom pretty in the Spring and/or Fall, but that will probably be next year. We have to figure out how we're going to landscape around the house first and especially our stairs from the screened porch in back and the patio there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks boring. mom