Friday, June 19, 2009

Maybe Someday

The Kings went to school with Mom. They had kids our age and lived down the road from us 1-2 miles. At the time, we could ride our bikes down 146th Street between our houses. Today it's a 4 lane busy road and you're lucky to not get killed in a car! Our families were always together. We went to a lake in Minnesota with them a couple times and us kids remember riding in an old RV going somewhere. Their daughter and I rode our bikes all over, laid out in the sun using baby oil for our tanning lotion and all that. Lots of fun times. Don used to farm and likes to read my farming stories from Iowa and wants to visit us sometime. :)

Last weekend I got to go to their son's daughter's graduation party so I got to see all of them and his house so that was nice.

Kings rode with us to Alumni last weekend and when we dropped them off, I got to see Marilyn's new toy - A GATOR~!!! She loves it! Last year I had kind of mentioned to Bill that I "needed" a Gator for when I pick up sticks and do things in the yard! He says it's not gonna happen. (I used to want one of those cute little blue New Holland tractors!) He has lots of big toys . . . Guess I should just be happy with a new house! :)

No comments: