Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sun Dogs

On January 18th, we had these sun dogs while the sun was coming up. I had never heard of them until I moved here. Click HERE to read more about them. If you Google sun dogs, you'll see other pictures too. They're kind of like vertical rainbows on either side of the sun usually when it's really cold but this info. I've linked to says they can appear most any month.

Bill has gone to a gun auction in Ft. Dodge today. He was able to get in yesterday to look things over and said there are some nice guns he'd like to at least see sell - not sure about buying. Will see how high they go.

This was a sunrise on Feb. 12th. I just have a simple, cheap camera so photos like this never turn out very well.

So glad we were able to put our house on this lot to be able to see the sunsets and sunrises! Flat land, very few trees and no neighbors helps with the view too!

I'm working on things for my Stampers At Heart downline meeting and stamp class for my Indiana customers coming up next weekend. I see that the weather on Wed., the day I want to travel, is not looking good (snow and ice starting Tues.).


4 comments:

kelly said...

Those pictures look sooooo COLD!!!

Marie said...

I've never heard of sun dogs, but very pretty.

The sunrises are beautiful, but I agree with Kelly...it looks very cold.

I have seen some pretty Indiana sunrises over the years while driving into work. I guess one of the perks of having to commute. (Still hate that drive.)

Unknown said...

Hi Bill and Cindy,
Beautiful pictures! Do you have your tickets to the Big Island? An amazing new eruption at Pu`u O`o. The pictures in the paper and on the news are out of this world. Let us know if you go. Stay warm.
Aloha, Linda and Jim

Cindy said...

Hi Linda & Jim!
Just saw the eruptions on the news again this morning! Bill is sorry he's not there! Think I'll come visit you on Maui if he goes! It kinda scares me not knowing what that lava is doing under the island!

Thanks for your note on your Christmas card. I just re-read it the other day.
Cindy