Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mar. Misc.

Friends, Terri and Sarah and I try to get together for our birthdays which are spread out nicely: Feb., June and Oct. At the time of mine this year, Terri was sick so we celebrated yesterday. Terri loves to do teas and is so good at making fancy little foods and the presentation. She is always collecting serving pieces so has lots of nice things. Her scones are well known around here! Thanks Terri & Sarah - it was really nice!

Today I had an appointment north in Emmetsburg. The water was almost across the highway near the river. This is from all of the snow melting north of us in Minnesota. They had a lot this winter.










This building and truck are normally just by a field but right now it looks like it's lakefront property.











I brought back ruffled pansies from Indiana but so far our weather has not warmed up so they are kind of droopy. They need a little sunshine & warmth! This little tricycle is going to go in the flower bed in front of our porch later.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to be helping in the kitchen at our church. The Pastor's wife used to work in catering so she is in charge of the meal for the Women's Conf. that is Sat. that I'll be going to. I hope I remember to take pictures. She does a great job. So tomorrow is some chopping and baking for the Sat. lunch.

Our Buick should be delivered some time in the afternoon!

3 comments:

Marie said...

I love the tricycle flower container!!!

I have not even bought pansies yet. We had snow flurries again yesterday.

Anonymous said...

The tricycle will look great in you landscape. The tea party looked like lots of fun. By the way, my B-day is in August.

Marie said...

I bought and planted some ruffled pansies. They are so pretty. I love having something different. Thanks for telling us about them as they were new to me.