Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pork Loin Recipe

I had never cooked a pork loin until about a year ago. Somebody should've told me how easy this meat is to use! And lean and good for you too compared to many other meats! This comes out very moist and tender. Below is a recipe I found online. Lots of people like their rub to be really spicy. If so, double these amounts like the original recipe was. Or you may like a little less seasoning than I use. Last time I baked one, I didn't add the bacon but think it's best with it. Pork tenderloins are usually just under $10 but often on sale. They're usually found near the smoked sausage/ham/packaged meat area. We have slices the first day as a main entree. With the leftovers, we make a sandwich and add barbecue sauce.

PORK LOIN

1 pork tenderloin, about 2 pounds
3 slices bacon
1/2 T. garlic powder
1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/2 t. basil
1/4 t. oregano
1/2 t. black pepper
olive oil

Mix together dry ingredients. Coat tenderloin well with olive oil. Rub seasonings over tenderloin and lay bacon on top. Bake, uncovered at 375 for an hour or until pork reaches about 155 degrees. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let stand for 10 min. before slicing.


I wonder what other good meal ideas I don't know about?

I'm leaving for Indiana this morning. It'll be a long day of driving. Just hope the weather is good all the way. I'm going to be putting on a meeting for those demonstrators under me on Sat. morning. On Sunday, I'm doing a stamp class for my Indiana customers. Should try to remember to take pictures both days! The rest of the time, Mom & I will be visiting, eating out and shopping probably. May start looking for a new vehicle. Bill says I can come home with one if I want to. (he doesn't want to deal with a car salesman!) He and Tim are getting things done and ready for planting in about a month from now. With more snow on the ground, it seems funny that they will be planting that soon.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Yummy!! May have to try that one. I just tried a tortillini soup recipe that is wonderful and sooo easy. I love new recipes:) Thank You:)

Anonymous said...

This is really good! I just tried it out and my whole family liked it. Thanks for posting!

Karen

Cindy said...

Yay! Glad you guys liked it!