Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun Day

I had my Stampin' Up! downline meeting on Sat., went to my old church Sun. morning and then did the stamp class for my Indiana customers from 2:00-6:00. So Mon. morning we were lazy and I entered orders. Then we headed out for some fun.

From the pictures here, it looks like today was all about food but it really wasn't quite alllll food!

First on the list was stopping at the Buick/GMC dealership. After talking with a salesman for too long and getting more confused, our
next stop was at Gigi's Cupcakes. Cupcakes are so popular now that this is a chain store! Many brides nowadays have cupcakes instead of wedding cakes. All of these first cupcakes with the 4" of icing were there. Mom and I split a Choc. Salted Caramel one which was our lunch. They are cute to look at but wow, too much icing!

I have a P.E.O. meeting at our house next Tues. and will be providing the refreshments so I was searching for a fancy chocolate or any other ideas for that. I'll have a main dessert and then want to have a
couple of other little things on the plate. I knew there was a chocolatier here and a Sweet Shop that has homemade chocolates and different things.

We went by Penzeys Spices, a spice store that we had both heard about before I had moved to Iowa but neither of us had been there so I got turned around and back to it so we could check it out. Very interesting! They have any spice you could ever want but that's about all they had - a whole store of just spices! And at reasonable prices.

Next stop was the Sweet Shop where I did find something perfect for my dessert plates. Next was Trader Joe's. Found a couple of fat free salad dressings that are supposed to be good. Their Ezekial bread is popular and their soups among other things like their cheeses, hummus and yogurt.

A woman at Mom's church had said that she must go to The Flying Cupcake in the Broad Ripple area so we also checked
that out! It was very busy in the middle of the afternoon. We brought 2 kinds of cupcakes home to try from there (last cupcake picture with the cherry on top - it's Black Forest). Tonight we split a Red Velvet one (no picture). Better than Gigi's.




















The last 3 pictures are of our dinners at Mangia! Italian Restaurant. A friend of Mom's recommended it. It was a nice, relaxing, clean place with fireplace and good service.

Talked with Bill last night about the new vehicle options. Heading out today to drive one and stop and talk to the Honda people. My salesman there has been in the hospital.

No comments: