Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sunset & New Equipment

This was Wed. night's sunset. There have been some pretty ones lately. The temp. here was 4 this morning when we got up. Thought we were past this cold of weather.

Bill and Tim went on another road trip today - to Minnesota still looking at tractors. Bill just got home and says that we're now the proud owners of a new (used) 500 hp "red" quad
trac. (Aren't you glad you find things out here Jim & Dave??! Bill says Matthew will be excited.) The advantage of a quad trac is that it's a smoother ride for us older operators :) especially in the Spring for leveling ground and ripping in the Fall. I had just gotten used to the other 4 wheel drive (sorta) . . . This is it in the picture.

I went to the library's program this morning. The program was given by a Rolfe resident who had traveled to Chile to visit her daughter. Very interesting. She said to go there you need to be able to speak Spanish or be with someone who does since the locals do not speak English. She did not like their food.

8 comments:

mom said...

Nice tractor. Wondering why it isn't green.

Anonymous said...

SWEET!! I can't wait to break it, I mean drive it.

-Jim

Anonymous said...

Dude, she has your job!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Jim & I get FIRED and she gets new equipment?!?

Anonymous said...

I like to keep my good help happy!!!!

Anonymous said...

SHE TOOK OUR JOB!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104259/they-took-our-jobs

Then again, she is sleeping with the boss.

-Jim

Anonymous said...

Mattew didn't take the news about the new tractor well. Seems as thought it's the wrong color. Matthew doesn't have a single red tractor in his collection and there's not a deer on it! I'm hoping he'll approve after I show him the pictures. If not, he wants Uncle Bill to take it back... :)

Karen

Anonymous said...

Now that is funny! I'm sure he'll think it's pretty cool after he gets a ride in it.

-Jim