Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1 - Almost Spring??

We can see the brown fields and grass now with snow piles just on the edges and the days are getting warmer so I think Spring is around the corner! Maybe the groundhog was right this year. There has already been some bad flooding in Ft. Dodge (about 45 min. from here).

Bill went to a gun show Sun. and bought one he's wanted for a few years. He and Tim are on a road trip today to look at some equipment. They got our corn all hauled from the grain bins to the elevator a couple of weeks ago. Our neighbor is still hauling. I think Bill told me our bins hold 58 semi loads!

Since I last posted, Bill and I have continued on our diet, and we're doing pretty well. I have found a few good, lower calorie main dish recipes that I'll share with you. I've been having steel cut oats for breakfast quite a bit. I cook them in my little dip size crock pot overnight. It's nice to get up and have that hot bowl of cereal ready. We've been walking on the treadmill about 5 out of 7 days a week. There are no gyms anywhere near us so we have to be self motivated when it comes to exercise!

Diane has been having to work 6 days a week for several weeks due to the Postal Services' disorganization so I've been babysitting. Lacey is learning lots in kindergarten this year and Camry is growing and about ready to crawl.

We went to the Naples, Florida area for about a week in January. Will post about that another day. It's always so good to get away from winter weather to a warmer place even just for a few days!

I'm getting ready for a trip to Indiana to do a customer stamp class and downline meeting. Sale-A-Bration continues through this month. (see Sale-A-Bration flyer on the right - click on it to see the things you can choose from for Free with a $50 order!) I made several Valentine cards this year. This one pictured was one of my favorites. It uses embossing folders with the Big Shot, scalloped heart embosslit and our heart punch. Also the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes, the word window and modern label punches and silver brads. Hearts like this would be great on wedding and anniversary cards and scrapbook pages too!

I think I hear the treadmill calling. I want to get that done early today. It's a nice sunny day for looking out the windows while walking. I have a day off from cooking lunch so hope to get a lot done on stamping projects for the Ind. trip.

Don't forget to leave comments once in a while! It's super easy and you all tell me you always look for and like reading the comments!

4 comments:

Glenn Markley said...

Cindy:
It is good to see your blog up and working. Missed the daily updates. Glenn

kelly said...

I am so glad its March:) Missed all the stories about home. It is extremely nice here today. i got to ride my horse in the driveway:) Too wet out in the arena.Scott is getting antsy to get in the field, taxes were sent off today.OUCH!!!Thinking about Prom. UGH!!

Marie said...

Yeah, glad you're back!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back--I've missed your blog!

Karen