Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year at 11:00?

I totally forgot something else that I found out here last year!! On New Year's Eve I NEVER thought about people to the west and that the New York ball does not drop at midnight for everybody?!!! My friends and family in Indiana - did you ever think about that?? Mom said she didn't either. I guess I assumed that TV delayed the ball dropping show for people west of the Eastern time zone until their midnight! It's really strange for the ball to drop here at 11:00 and it's not Jan. 1 for another hour! For us, there is NO BALL - at all! After New York does their thing, the party goes on in California for another 2 hours? until their ball or orange or whatever drops! (I didn't stay up to see what they have - anyone know?) It's good for all those people who don't want to stay up until midnight! For me, I guess I'm going to just have to pretend that it's midnight at 11:00 from now on!

Bill and I are going to do some measuring and try to start deciding where we want electrical outlets in the new house. I now have faucet AND lighting books to look at. Thanks for the couple of comments I got re: stoves. Anyone else have the 2 oven range - or wish you did? Our 2 showers and tub were delivered yesterday. Two out of the 3 were wrong and one will be going back. The plumber didn't check what came in and was being sent out to us. Mark and crew are going to start on soffits tomorrow and siding next week, weather permitting.

Hope you have a very relaxing New Year's Day!

No comments: