Monday, January 12, 2009

Great Magazine

I had the achey flu yesterday so stayed on the couch and tried not to move. Feel much better today. Bill helped with the grocery's inventory. He was there 4 1/2 hours and they're still not done.

We are supposed to have up to 50 mph winds starting at 6:00 tonight which may mean blizzard conditions if the snow blows. Schools were canceled today. The road grader/snow plow went by over in the field across from our house. He was making a snow fence with snow! Another new thing to me. It is 35 today - wow!

I did read a couple magazines while sick. Country Woman has been my favorite magazine for years. It was originally called Farm Wife News. Isn't it interesting that now I am a farm wife? I think so! Country Woman is a Reiman Publication and I like all of their magazines a lot. Roy Reiman was the owner/editor but recently retired along with his buddy, Jerry Weibel. They got bored after just a short time of retirement from the magazine business. Since they are both from Iowa, they decided to start a new magazine a year ago called Our Iowa. Peggy shares hers with me and I love it! Like all of the Reiman Publication magazines, there are great photos and articles. And these guys are funny! So if you need a new magazine to read, check it out!

No comments: