Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Old House Pantry

I spent quite a bit of the day in Algona at 2 dental appointments with lunch and a little exploring/shopping in between. This is my 2nd dentist here. Just can't find a Dr. Everly out here. I liked this office & dentist better today though. I stopped at W. Bend on the way back to pick out hardwood for our entry.

Bill cleaned up the new combine. (hope to get some pictures soon)

This is my current "pantry" and some people (Dave) have made fun of it but I like it! (these shelves were already here - probably for home canned things) Rather than having to run to the grocery all the time, I go to the basement! Our grocery has limited hours and is closed on Sundays, so this works! I'm hoping to have something similar in the new house! LOTS more cooking here than in Indiana - no fast food and very few restaurants around here. People here just cook and the local cookbooks are great. I'm really looking forward to our new kitchen.

Most of our main guys working on our house (Greg, Bill, Mark & Kurt) have been in Las Vegas this week at a builders' trade show. Wouldn't you know our weather has been sunny and around 30 while they've been gone - perfect for getting the siding done after all the zero with wind weather they've worked in. The temps. are going back down when they get back to work Fri. But the electricians and heating guys have been here and are getting lots done so that's good! Think the drywall is scheduled for next Tues.

Bill is at a grocery board meeting tonight.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your old house pantry. I don't live in an old house but do live about 7 miles from town. So I try to keep a "stocked" pantry. My brother made fun of me once but he lives in town. When you start to make a recipe, you can't always run to town to pick up what you need. Good job, Cindy!
Pat Willard (Nancy's sister)

Anonymous said...

You better get that food ate so you won't have to move it. :) Mom

Unknown said...

What Cindy failed to tell everyone is that behind each can are 5 more just like it AND the cans are aligned in alphabetical order!

Dave