Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Siding!

Today started out windy and 12 degrees. Bill was up and gone early to go to an all day crop insurance class in Ft. Dodge with 2 others from here. I'm getting all the books of light fixtures, hardware, faucets, house plans, countertop & flooring samples etc. gathered up because I'm meeting with Angie, the painter/decorator after lunch.

I just went to the grocery - for more drinking water for one thing - and noticed someone who was in the grocery had left their car running while in the store! The other day on a really cold day, SEVERAL cars were left running! I'm still not used to that! :) It always makes me smile. I can go in now and not lock the car doors but I still can't leave it unlocked with the KEYS IN IT like most people do! I'm Miss Security and people here think I'm crazy (except Glenn!). Bill says guys have been known to need to "borrow" trucks once in a while - but they always bring them back! He doesn't really care if they'd keep his! (it's about a 1987)

I'm getting ready to bake a pie. Last year in Mar., the town had a benefit auction for our neighbor who has breast cancer. I donated a pie a month for a year! Our Mayor and her husband paid $165 for that. After this pie, I only have 2 more. Next time I believe I'd only do a pie a month for 6 months!!

We have siding on half of the south side of our house so far. They're going to be glad when the outside work is done! I'll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I'd pay top dollar for one of your pies a month for a year, or even 6 months. I'm enjoying your blog. Love, Suetta in Indy