Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

The guys finished the roof yesterday! Hooray! We decided not to put the small gable over this window on the right front. It looked too small compared to the gable over the garage and seems to look fine without it. There will be less problems with water and downspouts this way. Mark says it can be added later if we really think it needs it. I think what would be perfect is a couple fake dormers but Bill says no way!



I took the Pilot to Glenn & Amy's shop yesterday for an oil change and right front door adjustment. Here's his building, Dunkerly Ag & Truck. He does semi repair, tractors, golf carts, etc. Diane's hair salon, Di's Hiway Style is here too.








It was - 2 when we got up this morning but Mark & crew showed up by 8:00! At least it's sunny! They finished putting the Tyvek on the house and now are doing inside work. I hurried up and made some choc. chip/oatmeal cookies for them since they're only working until noon since it's New Year's Eve. I thanked them for working on our house when it's so cold. As I was walking back to the house I heard someone say "they're still warm!" and all hammering stopped. :) Pretty soon the empty container showed up!

While waiting for the Pilot yesterday, Diane, Lacey & I went to the appliance store. We need to have that decision made soon too. We know we want a French door refrig. with freezer on bottom but I'm struggling on whether to get a gas (propane) or electric, smooth (glass) top stove! If any of you have opinions on these, PLEASE leave a comment or send an e mail! The glass tops are a pain to clean (I had one) and you have to use very flat pans (no grill pans or anything warped). I've never used gas. They say propane doesn't heat as hot as natural gas. I'd also love to have one with 2 ovens - the one on top is small and would be used most of the time. Large enough for a cookie sheet, pizza, etc. I don't know anyone who has one of these. Many times I've needed to bake 2 things at 2 different temps. Help!

Tomorrow Martha Stewart's show is going to be all about blogs for those of you who really don't know what a blog is!


Happy New Year to all!

Cindy & Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I made your crockpot roasted chicken, we are NOT big chicken eaters but this was to DIE for. It was soooo good:) Thank You:) I wish I had a natural gas stove to cook on, the heat is so easy to control. As for the glass cook top, I have been cleaning other peoples houses for 15 years and I hate them with a passion, they are so hard to keep looking nice and they scratch and hard water spot easily. But you have to remember, some of these women don't wipe up after using them everytime and 1-3 weeks later isnt going to do it! I am taking your M&M story tonight to the Harder Christmas, I'll bet my 9 nieces will love it. I also, love to read about what's going on back home, from someone else's perspective. Thank You for starting this blog. I hear your burbon cake is out of this world!!!! Care to share:0 LOL