Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Snow

Uh oh!! Greg, can we rotate the house around some? Snow seems to drift in front of the doors!

We had more snow and the blowing snow started early afternoon. Churches have already canceled for tomorrow. I think I've seen more single digit temps. and below zero this month than I did my whole life in Indiana! I'm thankful to not have to get out in it too much and it's nice to have a husband with tractors to move the snow! In my earlier single days, I was out early shoveling the driveway to be able to get out to work.


This is my little angel that sits on the front steps - covered up to her neck in snow!












I'm so excited to get this picture! I had never heard of sundogs before moving here! This was a double one that started as the sun was going down and the colors changed as the sun got farther down. They look like vertical, straight rainbows! Bill says they happen when it's really cold and there are ice crystals in the sky. The picture doesn't do them justice. We have an awesome view of the sunsets from our house so you'll probably be seeing lots of them on here. I need to read my camera book to find out how to take them better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a couple of strategically placed natural snow fences (a/k/a shrubs) will be needed!

Great pictures and blogging!

Cold in Las Vegas