Saturday, December 6, 2008

Small Town Grocery


I just ran to our little Rolfe grocery which reminded me to do this post. It's not open on Sun. and closes at 6:00 every night so you kind of have to plan ahead but it hasn't bothered me. I'm a "stock up" person. When I go to cook something, I don't want to have to run to the store. Plus here it might not be open!

Our grocery is on the verge of totally closing though. The town is very small anyway but not enough people shop here in town with the higher prices and it's not able to carry everything that the bigger stores do. About a year ago, some of us in town "invested" in the store to buy the owner out who had been ready to sell for a long time. Many improvements have been made and all looks good but still not enough customers. There is a town meeting next Wed. night to let everyone know how serious the situation is and that it will be closing very soon if people don't take an interest and shop there. Bill is on this Board too.

No comments: