Sunday, December 21, 2008

Easy Chicken Recipe

I thought there was nothing to blog about today. About all we did was watch blowing snow. It was - 6 when we got up and is - 3 now. Churches were canceled, the community caroling was canceled. Did see 2 sundogs again most of the afternoon - really bright. But they were not there when the sun went down like yesterday.

I did make this Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe. I got this recipe from friend and good cook, Marie. She doubles the spices for it, but this is how we like it. So easy, smells good while cooking, the chicken is very moist when done and there is chicken left over for chicken & noodles! Let me know if you try it!

WHOLE CHICKEN CROCK POT RECIPE

1 large roasting chicken

1 t. salt

1/2 t. cayenne pepper

1/2 t. thyme

1/2 t. garlic powder

1 t. paprika

1/2 t. onion powder

1/2 t. white pepper

1/4 t. black pepper

1 chopped onion


Remove giblets from chicken and clean the chicken. Combine the spices. Rub spice mixture onto the chicken. Put the onion in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken. No liquid is needed. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.

2 comments:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Cindy -
I made your whole chicken crockpot recipe yesterday for our Christmas diner - it was so good! I froze the leftover chicken and broth to make homemade noodles later next week!
Thanks for sharing! It was very easy and delicious!

kathy said...

I love the crock pot. I have found that cooking something on high for 4 hours still comes out pretty good. I have done a couple of rump pot roasts that way. Always good. I don't do whole chickens anymore because they are so messy and hard to get out of a pot/pan. I have a George Foreman rotisserie but that is really a mess to use and hard to get the raw chicken on and even harder to get the hot cooked chicken off.

kc