Thursday, December 4, 2008

Snow Fences



For those of you that don't know, I lived all of my life in Carmel, Indiana, a suburb of Indianapolis until Bill and I got married in June 2007.





When my mom grew up there, she had 22 or so in her senior class of 1955. When I graduated, I had about 600 and more like 1200 now I think. I used to ride my bike down the middle of the road we lived on. Now it's 4 lanes with thousands of cars traveling it every day. Quite a change for me moving from a city of about 60,000 to a small town of 600. So, lots of things I've been writing about on here are differences between here and there!

Something that wasn't needed in Carmel with all the buildings and trees there is snow fence. I noticed them being put up around here about 3 weeks ago. They are put in the fields so that the snow piles up behind them instead of on the roads or driveways. You can see in one picture here that with getting only about 2" of snow how much it blows and drifts. We have deep, wide ditches here that end up full of snow during the winter.

No comments: