Friday, October 2, 2009

The Trailer

Last Sun. in church I met a man who was visiting. In the conversation, he asked if my farmer husband had any of the trailers that his co. in Humboldt makes that you use to move your corn or bean heads from field to field. I said "no, don't think so". Came home and asked Bill and he said "yes, we do". Well, this week I finally got a chance to ride in the combine for a few hours and move from one field to another and then to another and got to see this trailer and what it's all about! (I don't know why I didn't see it last fall?) I guess they used one of this guy's first "kits" to make theirs - different from what he's selling now. I think they have 2 - one for the bean head and one for the corn. They store them on the trailers too.

The combine is too wide to go down the road and meet cars so they put the head on the trailer. These 2 pictures show the combine without the head and then the trailer with bean head being pulled by the pickup.

The first video shows Bill trying to get lined up right to hook up to the head. The 2nd one shows getting hooked up and lifting it off the trailer. I was impressed and glad that now I do know we have this thing! It was evening when I took these videos so they're a little dark.


No comments: