Monday, October 19, 2009

Lots of Action Today

Everyone is working as fast as possible in the nice weather since yesterday about noon - with more rain to come. There is word of possible rain tonight - or by Wed. for sure!

We weren't the only ones having to dump on the road. Tim went through these guys' field with the tractor rather than waiting. Kids were riding with this guy - looked like they were all having fun.

It was really windy yesterday so my tractor overheated - probably from too much trash (corn leaves, silks, etc.) getting through the screens on the sides. We had to take it to our house so Tim could use the hose to get it flushed out good. No problems after that.

This is something I hadn't seen yet! I was done chopping stalks the other night and cleaning all the trash off the stalk cutter. Tim drove up, said he'd take care of that and whipped out a leaf blower! Here he's using it to clean out the inside of the tractor.

Today Carl was ripping the field only a few rows behind me. That means we're caught up with what the combine has done. When I got done there and Carl was going to move the stalk cutter to another location for me (lots of farm traffic on the roads today and I haven't done much driving on the road!), Carl noticed that an inside big tire was flat!! I couldn't tell it when driving in the field! So we dropped that off to hopefully be fixed, and we hope tomorrow morning. (it was 5:10)

I took food to Bill & Tim in the field around 7:30. That is their last bean field. They only had 10 acres to go so should get that done tonight if there aren't any problems.

No comments: