Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Day Tues.

There are some pretty trees here! Found this red one in Algona Mon.

We had sun and a little wind yesterday so that helped us be able to work a whole day - even though it was still in the mud. Friend, Kyle came after he got off work to rip in the field I was finishing up (about 75 acres). Where the rest are working, it takes Tim & Carl both hauling in the semis to keep up with the combine - since the elevator is not close to this field.

I chopped stalks from about 10:30 - 7:00. Bette Jo had all of us for lunch at their house since we were working up north near their house. That was nice of her! It was like a Sun. dinner: ham, some beef w/gravy, cheesy potatoes, green beans, apple salad, rolls, and cherry pie with ice cream.

Sun. I watched about 6 hours of webinars, took notes and took the quizzes so that I'll be certified on our new Stampin' Up! product, My Digital Studio. It's going to be a lot of fun making calendars with photos for gifts, digital scrapbooks and cards once I have a little practice with it. Still have a couple more things to do to get certified - by the end of the month.

I thought this sunset looked nice behind the elevator.

Today the weather is not very promising. It's still kind of foggy at 9:30 so that will keep things wet.

I have a pretty nice work schedule! It's not usually dry enough for chopping stalks until around noon so in the mornings I can do laundry, catch up, make lunch, etc. and then be ready to go! Bill leaves home around 7:00 to get the combine and other equipment ready to go. Pam & Carl show up and all are ready to go on good weather mornings around 9:00.

No comments: