Monday, October 26, 2009

Harvest Has Begun - Again!

I got this name frame finished for a friend on Fri. She's giving it as a gift to a former co-worker. The letters are stamped and mounted & layered on card stock and other embellishments added that apply to the guy receiving it (fireman, mechanic and he likes motorcycles).



When I delivered it to her Sat., she and her family were putting a new plastic "roof" on their greenhouse so I got to see that process and help a little. It was interesting!











It was finally nice on Sat. but still too wet to combine. Then it started sprinkling again that evening. I was surprised to see this "sunset" during the rain!

They got back to combining finally yesterday around 3:00 and today was good all day! It's still muddy though. Bill just got home at 9:00. He says the drying bins are full so they'll be back to hauling to town tomorrow.

I had to take the Pilot for rear end alignment in Humboldt at 8:00 this morning (there until 11:00) and then to Algona for a dental apptmt. at 1:00. I chopped stalks when I got back and got one field caught up (it had been partially combined) but now there are 2 more fields ready for stalk chopping! The weather's supposed to be good through Wed.

1 comment:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Great name frame! I clicked on the photo to make it larger so I could see all the details - very nice!