Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crazy October Weather

It's been a busy but different couple of days since I last posted. After waiting until things dried some yesterday, the guys got the rest of our corn field combined. I then got the stalks all chopped and Carl got quite a bit of the field ripped. He did find there was a problem with the auto steer on the 4 wheel drive tractor though. Bill talked to technical help on the phone today, and we ended up having to ship the control box off for repair (still under warranty).

Last evening I took food out to Bill & Tim and then headed to my P.E.O. meeting. The guys were planning to combine beans late but it started snowing A LOT around 7:30 so that was the end of that. Bill tells me that snow stops everything. Got 65 acres of beans done last night (about 90 left).

I was gone most of today. This morning I got a flu shot in Humboldt. Needed to go to Poky too and while there picked up a couple of stamping items from a customer that she needs to exchange. Got home and packed them up plus Bill's auto steer and headed to the post office and West Bend for parts.


In the first picture, I'm getting ready to cross our creek to go chop stalks. I took the video as I was driving - kind of hard to do that while driving. Everyone says they want a picture of me driving a tractor because they can't believe it. As you can see, no one is usually in the same field with me to take my picture but this is my hand on the steering wheel! After being at a desk for years, I love working outside and doing something different now!

Around 6:00 tonight, they decided to try to combine but it's sprinkling again now with rain getting close on the radar so Bill is home already.

No comments: