Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More Rain

Yesterday as I was nearing the bridge below Bill's mom's house, it looked like the rear end of a cow close to the bridge! Sure enough, a neighbor's calf was out. There had been another one getting out off and on and wandering into Peggy's yard - it has been sold!

Another rain delay. It started sprinkling around 6:00 last evening. I only needed an hour more and I would've finished the field I was chopping stalks in. Bill, Tim & Pam were able to get the 2 semis and grain cart filled after the elevator closed at 6:00. But it rained about all night and has been today off and on.
A little over 800 acres of corn to go.

We've been catching up on things. We're happy that the auto steer for the 4 wheel drive tractor came back by UPS today and also our new wireless router. We've been having to go down to the utility room to connect to the Internet for a couple days. Our old router was over 4 years old. We've been told they usually last only about 2. Just got the new one installed.

I bought this very pretty squash at the Farmers Market a while back. The lady selling them told me it's very similar to acorn squash which we like. I baked it yesterday. She was right, it was good but think we like acorn squash a little better.

No comments: