Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Roundabouts

While in Indiana, I got practice again driving on all of the roundabouts - there are over 50 in the Carmel area! Most all of them are very pretty with flowers like the 2nd picture - lots of yellow daylilies. This one has a beautiful fountain in the middle. I've said to people that in our town, most people just don't plant annual flowers & perennials like they do in Indiana. I haven't figured out why yet except for the expense. Too bad since summer is so short.

Here in the Carmel/Indianapolis area, we spend lots of time (LOTS) sitting at stoplights so for most of us, these roundabouts are great - they keep you moving!
My Pilot got pretty bad gas mileage in Carmel with all the city driving. It's does quite a bit better in Iowa!

This entry was supposed to post on the 23rd while I was driving home - can't figure out why it didn't.


2 comments:

Mom said...

In Iowa you spend LOTS of time driving.

Cindy said...

I'd rather drive lots than sit at stoplights.