Thursday, July 2, 2009

Misc.

Picture of the old well. Bill pulled the pump out. Now we can call the "well drilling co." to come out and fill it which I guess they have to do.
Bill sprayed beans today and I mowed one place.






When the time came last week, I forgot about going to our first Farmers Market of the season so made sure I got there today. Looked like a nice turnout with both vendors & customers. Our favorite is Beth's Hearty Cracked Wheat Bread. It's nice & crunchy toasted. I also got some caramel rolls - Bill likes them - and a little Scandinavian Almond Cake. The girl that makes those is saving the money from her sales for college and she does quite well.

I made a cherry pie with the cherries picked at Mom's. I remember her making lattice topped cherry pies when I was young. Remember me making the pie a month for our Mayor? She gave me this pretty pie pan with red bird that you bake in the middle! It's supposed to let the steam out its beak so your fruit pies don't run over - and it worked!! This was my first time to use it. Now I need to find the ring I think I have that keeps the outer edge of the crust from getting too brown! Used foil strips - but too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Glad to hear that the bird in the middle of the pie works. Have seen them at Amish places here, but didn't buy as I thought it was just a gimmick. May have to get one now that I know they work.
You and Bill are staying so busy with the work on both houses. Sounds like very soon there will only be memories of the old house. Your new house looks great and very comfortable.
Aunt Linda & Uncle Tom