Saturday, July 25, 2009

Brickyard 400


Since we're NASCAR fans and I'm from an Indianapolis suburb, we're enjoying watching the Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway today!

This is a picture of Bill's mom & dad and my parents touring the Speedway in early June 2007. Bill & Peggy wanted to come see where I came from before we got married at the end of that month! We had fun showing them around including introducing them to White Castle! I don't think my father-in-law to be was impressed with the sliders but had a good laugh about it all!


Back in 2004, I was able to buy one of my SU! downline's Brickyard seats to give Bill for his birthday. They were up high, first row barely under the roof (just as it got hot, the roof starting shading us), across from the pits and at the finish line! It was also the year Jeff Gordon won his 4th Brickyard. Couldn't have had better seats to see all of the action - and had perfect weather!

No comments: