Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Glenn's Birthday

Diane with Glenn - lotsa candles on his DQ birthday cake! I have a funny picture of Dad with his 40th birthday cake and we had put all 40 candles on it. He had a frown on his face because of all the fire. I remember I thought he was really old! But Glenn has more than 40 on his!

Bill is applying anhydrous ammonia fertilizer to the bean fields. Carl is picking up the tanks of it from the next town and then taking back the empties for him. It's dangerous stuff if you breathe it. This is the stuff that people steal to make meth.

Bill and Carl came home for lunch. Bill called around 7:00 tonight saying he's going to be working late since storms are on the way and asked if I'd bring him a sandwich. He was working in our farthest north field which is about 9 miles away. We're already seeing lightning in the distance and now I hear thunder.

As I was coming back through our little town I laughed to myself thinking I should share with you that we only have a blinking red light in the middle of town - no stoplights (love that!). And whenever I cross the street without looking for cars from city hall to the bank (or anywhere else) - during the day - I'm still amazed we can do that - and I like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
You are having too much fun!! Glad you are able to help Bill and surprise all of his friends who thought you were a city girl. Must be that Hoosier background.
Keep up the good work.
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Glenn! How can he be that old? Oh, that's right we have a daughter(his cousin)who is 46!! How time flies!!
Aunt Dana