Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Adventure

We didn't have an alarm set for this morning so wouldn't you know there was a fire call at about 6:30 - the old Plover school was burning and they needed help. The Rolfe firemen didn't have to do too much. There were enough guys there. I will probably never get a good fire picture to post. Bill says the firemen don't like "lookers" on the scene in the way. He says it used to be kind of bad here - sometimes several vehicles would follow the fire trucks!
I always like seeing round bales of hay out in fields so had been wanting to take a picture of the ones across from our house (to the west) before the farmer got them all moved. You can see the elevator in the distance. We can see it to the north from our house. It's on the south edge of town so that's how close we are to town.

In this picture you can see where I had to go to take the picture! I have been wanting to drive down one of these little dirt roads really bad for a long time! But Bill says it better be dry when I try it even though the Pilot is 4 wheel drive. I was just going to go a little ways to get the hay bales picture but soon found out I better back up! Easier said than done in mud! Notice what the sign says "Caution Minimum Maintenance Road Level B Service - Enter At Your Own Risk". At least I got a good picture!

No comments: