Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Transformer/Planter

I don't think I had figured out how to do videos by spring last year so this should be the first time you've seen the planter unfold! It folds up to a long, somewhat skinny piece of equipment to go down the road, and then it unfolds when you get to the field. Like Bill's brother says, it's like a transformer! I was amazed when I saw it the first time.

This is Gl
enn, a faithful reader of my blog! He's originally from Rolfe, but has lived in several other places including Fishers & Marion, Indiana and most recently Maryland I believe. He fixes up houses and had been wanting to see our new house after following the construction on the blog. So we were home and the house was in pretty good shape, so we called to see if he wanted to come over on Sun. for the "tour". He wanted me to be sure to mention that he's a Shriner! He was also a classmate of Bill's dad.

3 comments:

jerry farlow said...

Holy cow! Twenty-four rows !! I guess you don't use that planter in a 20 acre field huh ? I knew corn and bean planters were 8 rows but not any larger.

I was a classmate of your hubbies father, who I always called 'Bill the Elder.' Im sure a lot of people around the world would like to know the latest technology in farming. Keep up the good work.

PS: That old man in the picture, Glenn Markley, was also a classmate of mine. If you want to know the dirt on him let me know. ha.

Glenn Markley said...

Jerry: They have so many rows on the equipment now you can't count that high! Speaking of dirt, that's what they plant the corn and beans in. Yes, I have plenty of dirt. You may have to remind me of some of it.

Glenn Markley said...

If you click on the picture, it gets real big.