Monday, April 26, 2010

Cookies for Confirmation Reception

Since I like to bake, I like to sign up at church when they need baked items. Recently there was a sign up sheet for help making cross cookies for the reception on Confirmation Day. The ladies on the list ahead of me signed up to make 6 doz. but I thought 4 would be good/plenty for me.



Sat. as I was rolling, cutting and icing them (and counting them) I was wishing that Karen & Ryanne were here (they do lots of fancy cookies for a cookie walk every Christmas), or Diane & Lacey (Diane and I used to do cut out cookies when she was little), Terri or anybody to keep me company - or help!



I wasn't very happy with how mine looked - maybe should've done an icing that you pour over them so they would be smooth. But they tasted good. Others had done them all different ways - some had piped their icing on. Wish I had a picture of how many cross cookies there were in the church kitchen but they were going fast when I left!

There were 5 kids that were confirmed Sunday, and the church was packed.

No comments: