Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still Planting Corn

Today has been a beautiful day: 70, sunny/hazy, low humidity, slight breeze. Great day for cutting grass and planting! Planting continues although there was a slight delay around lunch time when Bill had a flat tire on the tractor as he was just getting started planting.

Tim has been working ground ahead of Bill today.

I had grilled hamburgers for lunch and had the table in the porch set for our first meal out there this season. The burgers got done. At 12:15 I decided to
go ahead and eat. At 12:30 Bill still wasn't home for lunch which is very unusual. Then checked the phone messages - he had called at 11:30 to tell me he was trying to get the tractor to town to get the tire fixed and not to worry about lunch yet. Ooops. He must've called when I had gone out to get the mail. So he called at about 1:30 for me to bring his dry, well done hamburgers out to him!

Thought this picture was interesting! It's the seed corn in the planter. This is looking down in the yellow boxes you can see in the first picture. I called Bill to ask why the seed is pink - told him I was doing the blog post. He's kinda busy but said it's "seed treatment" - for bugs & stuff.

No comments: