Sunday, April 11, 2010

Here we go!

Bill has left this morning to get started planting corn today! He planted the sweet corn yesterday. Now they plant it with the 24 row planter so there will be 24 rows of sweet corn! I bought some Silver Queen seed and another kind in Indiana. Their Pioneer dealer gave them Ambrosia and Tim got another type.
Yesterday the triplets came over for a breakfast feast, and we played a game of dominoes with my new set that Mom gave me for my birthday. They have numbers on them instead of dots! Then Bill & I went to a 50th Anniversary Open House for Doc & Mel who Bill & Tim do some farming for. They own the dairy here in town.

After that it was trainin
g for me with the 4 wheel drive tractor, field cultivator and auto steer. It was fun once I got the hang of it. With the auto steer you just push a button and it does the driving down the field which means straight! You do have to lift the cultivator at the end of the rows and make the turn. The seat in this tractor is so much better and it's much quieter in the cab (than the one I had been in to chop stalks). Click on the arrow on the video above - hope it works. You can barely see it but there's an intake off to the side at the end of the video. I ran over one of those early in the season last Fall.

Time to get ready for church. It's been 5 weeks since I've been to church here! Then I have some mowing here at home on my agenda this afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for a spring time photo for your blog. :)

-Jim

Cindy said...

Alright, for you I changed it!

Anonymous said...

Much better. :)

-Jim