Saturday, April 24, 2010

Before and After

These propane tanks are an ugly necessity in the country for gas for heat. I've been wanting to get ours painted for a long time! Toward the end of Fall last year, Bill used the power washer to get a lot of the gunk off of it. I went to the parts store in town and asked what kind of paint would be best. Came home with a can of stuff to spray on to stop the rust and some white implement paint.

We have a tank nearby that's painted like a watermelon so at one point I was excited to paint ours something different like green to blend in with the trees and not be so noticeable. Then I realized that in the winter, EVERYTHING here is white all winter. Then I went in the store and the choices were white and John Deere green. So we'll have a white tank that blends in in the winter - and matches the house.

Last Fall, I sprayed the rust stuff on but the weather got too cold to paint. Finally got the first coat done on Thursday.

It looks a LOT better even after just one coat. Just don't look too close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy D-K, your photo of Bill planting the field reminds me my Papa's comments of when he would see the farmers plowing the fields with those enormous machines. He used to always say that it looked like the field was boiling behind the tractor. I always remember my Papa when I see these kinds of photos.