Friday, April 16, 2010

Yesterday

The guy came with the hose to fix the sprayer yesterday morning so that's good. Bill got started planting around 11:00 so he called to see if I'd bring lunch to him in the field so I got the spaghetti, garlic bread, brownie, Pepsi & ice together - and cookies for later. After that, I had one little problem after another seems like.


Before I get into all that, I made these Jackpot Drops the day before. The recipe is here on the blog somewhere in the past. Bill always asks me if we have pie or cake when we're done with a meal so thought I'd make some cookies and freeze some to have on hand. I had also asked him in Walmart Mon. if he wanted to get some cookies to have when planting, but he was hoping * I'd * bake some. So I did. I was having a couple of friends over on Wed. so thought we could have some then too. Turns out neighbor, Amy, brought her * warm * brownies - with the recipe. They are the best brownies I've ever had, and it's hard to beat my grandma's recipe.

Back to yesterday - it was windy like it is here a lot in the Spring but I was really wanting to get some screens washed and put in to have windows open since it's getting warmer. So I found a (very sm.) spot at the back of the house that was less windy and drug the hose, screens, soapy water, etc. back there. As you can imagine, it wasn't fun with the cold water blowing and trying to find a place to prop them up to dry. I was about halfway done with the select few I had decided to clean when it started to rain so I ended up putting them in the windows wet. When tilting in and cleaning the sm. bathroom window, I couldn't get it to close all the way - or get the screen in from the inside (or reach it from the outside) so Bill took care of that later. When putting in the sm. kitchen screen, I had to take the handle that cranks the window out off but first loosen a tiny screw of the handle. The screw came all the way out (it was very short!) and immediately fell into the garbage disposal! Noooo! Happened to find in the tool box the 2 flat, round magnets I had glued fishing line in the middle of once before when something like this happened and dangled that down in there and finally got the screw out but could not get the screw back in the hole. Finally figured out it went in a different hole! Whew. Hot & sweating by this time.

By then it was almost time to watch Survivor so I gave up and cleaned up my mess(es). Bill had had to stop planting due to the rain earlier. He had called in there somewhere asking "whatcha doin' " but I really didn't want to talk about it. He was wondering if I'd want to go to Manson in his pickup to pick up some Aztec and drive back slowly with it. Turns out he did that this morning. They're back to planting today with a really nice weather forecast for the next several days. Maybe I can get more screens washed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I don't think I had quite as many problems, but washing screens has not been good for me. I just vac. them off each spring and they look just as good!

Cindy said...

We live on a gravel road though so with the road dust and then the rain on the dust - they are dirty.