Saturday, September 26, 2009

Harvest has Resumed

Our temporary rye grass yard grows like crazy and it's been wet. This is a before picture. I did get it cut today finally.

Our propane tank needs paint badly before winter. I've got 3 electric sanders from Tim to choose from - my next project.



Another gorgeous sunset tonight!

This morning I went up to West Bend's Fall Fest and Farmers' Market. They have some nice gift shops. Today everything was 20% off, and all shops had door prize drawings. The town was full of shoppers on a really nice Fall day. There was a Harvest Meal at the Community Center which I picked up 2 for our lunch; shredded turkey sandwiches, homemade baked beans and chips for a freewill offering. They also had pieces of apple pie for sale - and it was all for sure homemade - a nice change. Apple pie is Bill's very favorite and he asks for it all the time so he was happy. I also took pictures of The Grotto of Redemption for a future blog post - a neat place!

They were able to start combining again at about 5:00 - until 7:30. The elevator opens tomorrow at 1:00.

No comments: