Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Colors are Changing Fast

I took this picture Fri. of one of our bean fields that had starting turning yellow. The colors in the fields are changing fast now though. Some of the farmers are predicting that they'll start combining around the 20th!

Bill has been getting equipment ready and cleaned up.

Today I went to Algona for a dental appointment. I'm having to get a bridge which involves the tooth I had pulled and will mean 3 crowns. Another appointment to come. Algona is about 45 min. away and has 2 nice groceries, a K Mart, a fancy newly remodeled coffee shop, a good Chinese restaurant, a DQ, at least 3 really nice gift shops including a Lang store and more - so that's a good thing about having to go to Algona!

On my way back, I stopped in the small town of Whittemore - at Eischen Sausage Haus. Had read an article about it. Was told that the owner is about 80 and is selling the store soon. Bill knows him and says he's a nice guy. It smelled good in there!

On the way home, I happened to see this van at Skoglund Meat & Locker in West Bend. Bill farms the fields next to their house, and we like to buy meat, cheese, steak & roast rub & Butter Braid 2nds there.
They have a cute little rustic store. (did you know that Butter Braids are made here in West Bend? another blog post!) They also have a window where you can stand and watch them cutting meat. I had always wanted to see that! This is what the backs of our vehicles look like sometimes from the dusty country roads! I liked this dust artwork!

No comments: