Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bread is a Success!

I'm borrowing Mom's bread machine - actually it was supposed to go back with her when she was here in Aug. but we forgot. I brought it back with me in June but had only tried using it once. Until . . . I read an Indiana friend's blog! She's baking all of her family's bread now once a week and has blogged about it - along with pictures.

She uses the Dough cycle only and when that's done, she takes the dough out, kneads it a little, shapes the loaf and puts it in a bread pan to bake so that she ends up with a nice bread shaped loaf instead of the shape that the bread machine does.
This was the first time I tried it that way with her Oatmeal Honey recipe and was thrilled with the way it turned out! And very easy and quick!

Click here to go to Denise's blog and scroll down to Sept. 2nd for this recipe, her pictures and instructions! You'll enjoy her blog. She has another bread post back in Aug. I think. Don't forget that bloggers like comments so leave her one if you like hers! Denise is the one that got me started blogging - thanks Denise, it's been fun!

3 comments:

Glenn Markley said...

I would like to give this a taste test when I get moved back to Rolfe. Glenn

Cindy said...

This comment is from Glenn M. from Maryland I think - not Glenn D. ~Cindy

SentimentsbyDenise said...

So glad you like the bread recipe - it's one of our favorites now, too! Your loaf looks awesome, btw!