Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Apple Orchard Time!

I had an appointment in Ft. Dodge early this morning and then on to Algona for an afternoon dental appointment. So I was gone most of the day.

I've always liked going to the apple orchard in the Fall and was afraid there wouldn't be a fun one to go to out here - but there is. This one is actually better than the one in Mooresville, IN that I always liked because it has a sit down area to have lunch or apple dumplings, etc. and an attic gift shop with much nicer gift items to look at than you'd expect at an apple orchard! So I got my first Jonathan apples of the season today - and they have great Sweet Corn Salsa!

I like barns and saw this pretty one between Ft. Dodge & Algona.

Bill called this evening to say they were back in the field trying to combine so I took the first meal to the field. We just do sandwiches in the evenings since we have our main meal at lunch/noon. I didn't get to ride since the beans were getting too tough by the time I got there (too much moisture) - so they quit.

No comments: