Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Bed & Breakfast Stay

This is Rose's Place, the Bed & Breakfast I stayed at in the Amanas last week. This is actually in Middle Amana. The building was an Amana Sunday School building built in 1870. The current owners renovated it and have had the B & B for 18 years.









This is the very white, shiny staircase going up to the five cozy, comfortable guest rooms. I was in Room 1 and had this tall queen bed. There was a bathroom between my room and a 2nd bedroom. There could be two couples and at least two kids in this suite. The day bed has a trundle bed underneath. The glider rockers in my room were very comfortable for reading after a day of shopping!


















































I had such a relaxing night and then a nice breakfast the next morning. The picture with the two windows and the couch is the common area. At the other end of the room is two tables for having breakfast. We had fresh fruit with a cream cheese mixture on top, a puffy slice of an egg casserole, muffins and cinnamon twist French toast. An older woman and two other couples were the other guests that I had breakfast with. Most were repeat visitors.

The picture with the small table with white chairs and white cabinets is a kitchen upstairs for the guests to use. I was able to put my Olive Garden salad in the refrigerator there until I was ready to eat it that evening and water, etc.


I had forgotten to bring in my cell phone and didn't have my lap top so I was really without any communication which seemed strange but nice! Imagine my surprise when I went out to leave after breakfast and had 2 voice mails from Bill saying they were getting 4-5" of blowing snow at home and he couldn't see the railroad track behind our house! We thought I could drive until it got bad and then stop - or stay put and not have to deal with slick roads or worse. So I booked the room for another night and headed out in the cold rain to finish shopping in the Amanas!! Rough life huh? More pictures tomorrow.

No comments: