Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fun Adventure!!

I've been on maybe the longest parts run in Kemna history! I went to Heartland Ag in Boone for parts on Monday (2 hours from here) and had decided to go on to the Amana Colonies (another 1 1/2 hours) to see how those beautiful Easter eggs are dyed (see previous post for a picture of them) - and buy some! Monday was the last day they would be demonstrating how to dye them. To make a long story short - for now - I wound up in a Bed & Breakfast in Middle Amana for the night! Then yesterday, our area at home was getting 4-5" of heavy snow and it was blowing - Bill couldn't see the railroad tracks behind our house! So, it was decided that I would stay put. WOW, forced to stay another night in the Amanas in a wonderful Bed & Breakfast - with more shops I hadn't made it to and a good book with me!!

I am home now but have Mom arriving for a visit in just a little bit and then Glenn, Amy & boys will be here this weekend camping at our house Sunday night. They're coming back to load up all of their furniture from their house here. So it's going to be a busy week!!! My little trip set me back a little here at home - but it was worth it!!! Have LOTS of pictures to share here when I have a chance!

4 comments:

kelly said...

Sounds like a fun time, can't wait to see the pictures.

Marie said...

What a great adventure!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I knew I should have gone with you Cindy! What a fun time! I can't wait to hear more and see pictures.
Terri

Lois said...

When do I get a lesson on making them??? You can demonstrate on my porch when the Mother Nature settles down.

Glad you had a great time.