Saturday, April 9, 2011

Garden Extravaganza & Recipe

Got a call from Diane this morning that now Todd has the flu so he would be staying home with the girls today. So many people around here have had the flu lately. I'm glad my flu shot has worked so far and keeping my fingers crossed!

So I was now able to go to the Garden Extravaganza in Pocahontas that I've never been to. It was nice with seven nurseries and other vendors there.


It was a foggy morning and gloomy day but now the sun has come out.

Glenn is driving a flatbed wrecker at the Texas NASCAR race tonight. He's going to be parked at the pit exit. The company he works for sells wreckers, Coker Equipment. Click HERE for info.
















This morning I put a new recipe in the crock pot that we liked. If you like chicken & dumplings, this is a quick and easy version!


CROCK POT CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

2-3 chicken breasts
marjoram, thyme, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary
1/2 c. chopped onion or some dried chopped onion
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 15 oz. can chicken broth
1 10 oz. can refrigerated biscuits

Put onion in the crock pot, lay chicken over (can be partially frozen - mine was). Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice from above. I used just a little of all of them. Cover with soup and broth. Cook on High for 3 1/2 hours. Pull chicken apart into chunks with 2 forks. Tear up biscuits and drop in. Cook another 1 1/2 hours. I used a spoon and kind of turned the biscuit chunks a couple of times.

We had this with a salad and fresh fruit salad. Would be good with mashed potatoes. This recipe was enough for 2 of us for 2 meals. You could easily double everything if you need more.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

YUM, I love crockpot recipes:)Thanks, Cindy!!

mom said...

Sounds good. I like crockpot recipes too.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Do you happen to know which vendor was pictured in your last photo? I saw something interesting that I'd like to check out. It looks like a tall, metal flower. Hoping you can remember and I can look on-line for them.

Karen

Cindy said...

Karen, the booths were not identified very well but this may have been Bundas' Generations Greenhouse in Poky that was totally destroyed by the tornado Sat. night.