Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back Home Again in Indiana

For the non-Hoosiers, Jim Nabors has sung Back Home Again in Indiana for years during the opening ceremonies at the Indianapolis 500 Race. So Hoosiers that have moved away think of that song when coming back to Indiana. And that's where I am right now. I drove here on Thursday. I knew I was back in Colts Country when I started to see drivers wearing Colts jerseys!

Yesterday I had errands to run for today. I had my meeting/get together/training time for the Stampin' Up! Demonstrators in my downline - or those selling under me that I also make commission on their sales. It was a nice morning with them! I showed them many of our new catalog products, demonstrated some things that they can show their customers, we all looked at the many stamped samples we all brought to share and they made a couple of projects that I had prepared for them. We as demonstrators, love to go to events where SOMEBODY ELSE has prepared fun things for US to make!

This afternoon I stamped color charts to give my customers tomorrow, Mom worked on making files and labels and filing away her new colors of card stock that she recently purchased, and we made Peanut Butter Bars and a cheesecake for my stamp class tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a busy day going to church, setup for stamp class, class at 2:00 and then out to eat tomorrow night. Can you believe Mom & I will have to watch the Colts game later tomorrow evening??? I can't believe I scheduled a stamp class the day of the first Colts game!

I took pictures on the trip here - I saw many stages of Fall! I've taken some pictures around Carmel already - it is always changing. I took many pictures at the meeting this morning. So lots of blog material for future days!

In the meantime, it has rained a couple of days in Iowa this week so Bill & Tim are having to wait until it dries to get started with our combining. Bill has been doing some other things in the meantime like we needed a supply of water softener salt and our garbage disposal replaced to name two.

These 2 pictures were taken at my traditional stop on the way here, The Beef House, for salad bar and their homemade yeast rolls with apple butter. Yum. It's on 74 at about the Illinois/Indiana line.


No comments: