Wednesday, September 22, 2010

No News

Not much of interest going on here. Farming is still on hold while we have more cloudy, and this morning misty, weather. We're in a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 6 pm tonight. Hoping that stays north of us.



Our library has "coffee" every Wed. morning for all to come to. Sometimes there is a program. I went today because a woman (daughter of someone I know) was talking about her and her husband's mission work in India. It was interesting. She had on very pretty clothing that she was given as a gift there, like what the wealthier women would wear. My Carmel minister and a group of others had gone to India a few years ago, and a missionary family we supported in India would visit Central Christian about once a year. Wondering if Laurie here maybe worked with them.



An interesting note - while I was in Indiana I had planned to make a low calorie pumpkin/spice/choc. chip muffin for both my downline meeting and stamp class. I could not find ANY pumpkin at the large grocery stores there. I found a can of it at Fresh Market but it was organic and close to $4 a can. Due to last year's pumpkin shortage, there is a shortage of canned pumpkin! Today I looked at our store, and we have plenty so far.



Bill and Tim are working on the roller. It's taking longer than they thought it would. I'm working on some awards certificates and things for my downline. This is the time of year that I give out awards to the Top 10 in Sales in my Stampin' Up! group.

1 comment:

EmilyB said...

we just got canned pumpkin in our Kroger this week--first time since Christmas that I've been able to purchase some. I celebrated by making a pumpkin pie!