Monday, September 13, 2010

Shades of Harvest

On my drive to Indiana last Thurs., I saw so many shades of Harvest - from bright, green beans that were still growing to beans turning yellow, and corn with the top and bottom third dry but the middle still green to corn that was ready and being harvested. I don't think that I've ever traveled back and forth between Iowa and Indiana at this time of year. Loved it! I can't wait to see all of the equipment busy in the fields when I go back to Iowa this week. Really there was almost nobody working in the fields on the whole way here until about 40 miles west of Carmel. I stopped to take most of these pictures over in that area. There were 2 guys in this tractor with the one waving. They looked happy to be going.



Speaking of busy in the fields, Bill and the other farmers in our area have gotten started this week. Last I heard they had started in beans.












It has been record setting dry here in Carmel. I couldn't believe how brown the yards were when I turned in to mom's subdivision. Saw on the news today that there was a corn field on fire and they're expecting lots more this fall.


No comments: