Thursday, May 5, 2011

Girls' Fun Day

It worked out that Mom could stay another day so Diane & girls and us could go to a class at Del's Garden Center on container gardening with annuals. We had lunch first at Don Jose's in Emmetsburg. I really like how it's decorated and the food is good too.










This very large rooster was at Del's! Diane wanted it for her yard since they have chickens until we saw the price ($799)! After the class we went to Walmart in Spencer and Hy-Vee grocery.


Yesterday I worked ground at the Hoop 80 field. Carl had done the edges for me and went around all the intakes but one. On my first round, I managed to barely hit that one with the end of the cultivator and popped it off. I stopped and moved it out of the way so it wouldn't get chewed up or damage anything by running over it. The bad thing is I then drove over the hole!!! Carl had to come out and probe and try to find it. LUCKILY he did find the hole very quickly - whew! I owe him a cherry pie.

Seems like today I was given jobs of driving around in pickups instead of the tractor! I was in the tractor for about an hour until it started to rain. (all went very well) I had been told if it even started to sprinkle to get to the pickup and get it under cover ASAP because there was Aztec in the back that couldn't get wet. As soon as I got it to the shed, the rain stopped. So I waited at Tim & Bette Jo's for about 45 min. without a job. Bill came to fuel up the planter tractor and then he and I jumped in Tim's Gator to go get the pickup that was left in the field Bill had just got done planting in. I drove the Gator for the first time (from previous posts you've read that I want one). I was home for a couple hours, did some laundry and got some supper together for Bill and took that out when he called. Went back and forth bringing him seed so he could get started in a different field (Tim's). Now I'm home for the night and he will be in a couple of hours. He worked until after midnight last night since we were supposed to get a bunch of rain during the night. But it missed us luckily!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee!!! You and those intakes!!

-Jim

Cindy said...

Bill NOW tells me he doesn't care if I stay 10" feet away from them - just don't hit them! I did very well around one today. I just need more practice. :) You're gonna love the quad trac!

Anonymous said...

You mean I get my job back this fall?

-Jim

mom said...

Should Bill put big flags by the intakes???

Cindy said...

Seeing them isn't the problem! Making the thing I'm pulling go the right way around things is.