Saturday, May 7, 2011

Busy, Busy

The weather has been great! The leaves on the trees are starting to come out finally and tulips are blooming. We've finished planting corn, and Bill has gotten 160 acres of beans done starting today.

I've been learning new things while doing the go-pher job the past couple of days. Bill said his dad never liked being the one to run here and there. He thought he wasn't getting enough done. Somebody's gotta do it.

Yesterday and today I mowed at our house and two other places. Today I went to the seed dealer twice with the seed tender. The second time I got to watch them treat the bean seed with a fungicide. All I know about that is that it turned them from soy bean tan color to green! The kid doing this for me also needed me to lift him up high with their fork lift so he could attach something to the end of an auger. That was easy - just had to push one lever.

Was sent to Manson (about 25 miles south) with a 20' trailer to return some seed and get some more. Bill says that's a next step closer to driving a semi!

Carl has been working ground and Tim has been spraying. We all meet coming and going on the road along with lots of others! We'd kind of like to have a light rain for what has been planted and for a little bit of a break, but the ground is working so nice and things are going well so will be happy either way.

Pella Tulip Time is going on this weekend with perf
ect weather for it. Many years it's cold for it. Click HERE to read more about it. This is in Pella, Iowa. I hope to make it to it some time. I've been to Holland, Michigan at tulip time before - beautiful.

Sounds like I'm going to be busy again tomorrow so Happy Mothers Day Mom!! And to my Mother In Law, my sisters-in-law, my niece, my aunts, and all the other mothers reading.


No comments: