Sunday, May 15, 2011

Possible Frost Tonight

I brought my pansies in - again. Chance of frost tonight.

I went to church this morning. It was good to be back after missing a few Sundays. We got a little rain yesterday so it's still too wet for Bill to finish the last two fields. So after lunch, he and I headed for Ft. Dodge. We had a fairly long list of things to get at Walmart, Menard's, Sears, Younkers and Office Max. I wanted to stop at Hobby Lobby too but Bill remembered that they're closed on Sundays.

Got home around 6:00 and unloaded and put everything away. Bill carried up the heavy, old TV that had died in the basement and took it out to our burn/bury stuff in hole so that's nice to have that done. He fixed/glued my broken goldfinch feeder.

Then he asked me if I wanted to ride along - he was going to go check the corn and beans to see how much they're up so he could worry about the possible frost. This reminded me of the summers I stayed with Grandpa & Grandma Dunk in southern Indiana. Most evenings we would go for a drive to "check the crops". And then end up at the Tasty Treat for ice cream.

No comments: