Saturday, May 28, 2011

Flags and Misc.

Orioles love grape jelly too (I don't know about other flavors??) so I put some out. It took them about 5 days to find it but now they're eating both the oranges and jelly. The nice thing is this little table is even closer to the window!






I finally got my big flower pots planted yesterday morning just as it started sprinkling. Mom, Diane, Lacey and I learned at the container gardening class we went to that it's good to have a thriller (something tall), fillers (your colorful flowers) and a spiller (something that hangs over your pot). I'm not a big fan of geraniums, but these pots are in a very sunny, hot area so I'm trying them this year. I still need to go buy a few more flowers.

I spotted these wildflowers when I was mowing Thurs. Pretty color!










I try to do a nice mix of colorful foods and like it when the meal looks nice on the plate. A good cook I knew said it's best to use all white plates so that your food is what you see rather than a pattern on the plate. We do have a set of all white ones, but I use plates from about 4 different sets all the time.




I made the rhubarb pie finally yesterday and shared it with Peggy, Diane, Todd, and Lacey. (Shhhhh, don't tell anybody but I even made the crust with LARD!!! What a difference that makes. Too bad it's not healthy.)





If you haven't checked on the Decorah, Iowa eaglets for a while, you better look quick! HERE They are not babies any more! Surely they will be flying off soon!

Bill and I helped put the flags above up in the cemetery last night. This is just down the road from our house - our closest neighbors. The flags are only up from Fri. evening until Mon. evening. A Memorial Day service is always on Monday with speaker and the school band.

1 comment:

mom said...

Nice picture of the flags. I can almost taste the pie, sure looks good.