Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Day on the Job


Last night we were hoping to get a good night's sleep. A couple of night's ago, there was fire call - alarm going off at the Care Center. That was a false alarm. Then we had a night of not much sleep due to Bill's cold. Last night his pager went off at 2 am - shed fire in town. I was picturing a garage being on fire near a house or two. Turns out it was not too close to any other buildings but did burn all the way to the foundation. Took about an hour. Luckily I went back to sleep.

This morning I had a meeting with two ladies here re: P.E.O.

Carl worked the ground around the edges of Peggy's field and then I was called out to take over. This was my first time driving the new quad trac and only second time working ground. It was fun! This new tractor is so nice! You just push a button to shift (don't even have to put the clutch in). All the levers operate so smoooooth. I did have a little problem with the first intake - got too close and hit it a little - it's now leaning. Bill's going to check for damage in the morning. :(

Two deer ran across the field and I saw a tiny mouse.

Carl was able to get water for Tim for the sprayer and seed for Bill since I was working ground.

Tim was trying to spray but ended up having a problem with the GPS I think. A guy will be out in the morning to work on it. Otherwise, don't know what the plan for tomorrow is yet. Rain is in the forecast for the end of the week but conditions sure are nice right now.

5 comments:

mom said...

The boss may not approve of you taking videos while driving the tractor.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, Now I know why she hit the intake!! :-(

The Boss

Anonymous said...

Just take it out of her pay again. :)

-Jim

Cindy said...

Nothing broken this time! (it was a steel one!)

The Boss Mom said...

Don't worry about the boss. Just remind him he likes to eat and you do the cooking (He could always try that)